Friday, December 6, 2013

Week 14 & 15...From a Peach to a Pear!

So...I'm behind on my blog, with due to ice/road conditions, I got to stay home from work today...So, our tree is going up, I'm wrapping gifts, cleaning house, and going to update my blog and maybe even get to our Christmas Letter! I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going! I'm going to do an update of my highlights and amazing facts from week 14 & 15, then I'll do a new post of week 16 :)

WEEK 14...3.42 inches, and weighing in at 1.52 ounces!! During week 14, baby Doughty began twisting and turning all the tiny joints in the body, and continued to move in my uterus! I haven't actually felt the baby move, but some gas pains lead me to think I'm feeling it, but not knowing since this is all new!! The baby's skin is still very translucent and the tiny veins in the body are now visible. This week the lungs are continuing to develop and the baby is practicing breathing with the amniotic fluid on a regular basis. Also, our little munchkin may be finding his/her thumb (I sucked my thumb til 10, so lets hope we can break that habit early if it does start)!! This part is heartwarming and tear jerking...our little miracle can now frown, grimace, and squint and all the reflexes are becoming stronger! My morning sickness is becoming less frequent (thank GOD). Byron continues to kiss my belly, rub my belly, and pray faithfully for the health of our blessing! He can't wait until he can feel the baby kicking!

 He continues to get more and more EXCITED!!!
CAN YOU TELL YET? I SURE FEEL LIKE YOU CAN!

WEEK 15...3.98 inches, and weighing in at 2.47 ounces...getting bigger!!
You ready for this, it's a miracle...this week, our precious angel can rub his/her eyes, yawn, and even blink! How amazing! Our baby this week has learned how to grasp ahold of the umbilical cord! Hair is beginning to grow on his/her head!! I bet it will be brown :) Our baby can now hear sounds, and can also hiccup! I had no morning sickness the whole week 15!!! I was very thankful for that because Byron and I took a whole week off work and spent it together in the deer woods! This was our baby's first (and not last) hunting adventure! We also took our boy Thorn and he had a blast! Here's a couple pictures!



Time is flying by quick!!

Love,

Byron, Kristin, Thorn, and Baby D

No comments:

Post a Comment