Sunday, December 8, 2013

17 weeks...size of an ORANGE!

Family & Friends,

Baby Doughty is growing and growing...he/she is up to 4.94 ounces and 5.12 inches tall! I can't believe this little miracle inside me is this size already; I remember comparing the size to a grain of rice! This week, little Doughty can make out the differences in flavors! I've been craving lots of salty things, so maybe this baby will like salty foods?!? We shall see! My weirdest craving so far has been drowning my sandwich in ketchup, and dipping my chips in ketchup...that only lasted a week (thank God cuz Byron was getting grossed out). This week, I have also been crazing orange Fanta and raspberry lemonade! This part is a little gross, but also cool...this week, the meconium (the first bowel movement the baby has after it's born) is forming in our little one's bowel! Size of an orange this week means he/she would fit comfortably in the palm of our hand! Our little one's brain is communicating constantly with the nervous system and the muscles. I'm praying this week that I start truly feeling my little blessing move. From watching the ultrasounds, he/she is a wild one, so surely I will feel a flutter soon :) As we get closer to being half way through our pregnancy, the reality continues to sink in!! I just pray Byron and I are emotionally and spiritually ready to welcome this little angel in our lives! Continue to pray for baby Doughty's health please! We love y'all!!!
Love,
Byron, Kristin, Thorn & Baby Doughty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment